Monday, October 19, 2009

Knitting and Television


People always say that knitting is great because you can do it while you watch tv. Obviously, these people aren't knitters. Last night, I tried to knit a mitten for my little son(whose eensy hands looked SO cold at the bus stop this morning! I AM trying to hurry)and watch Storm Chasers at the same time. It just doesn't work. I can either watch my stitches and keep up with where I am or I can watch crazy Reed Timmer running around Kansas or something with an IMAX camera in his FLIP FLOPS!!!!!(Reed, we must talk. I know you're just a crazy storm chaser, but FLIP FLOPS in the land of baseball sized hail???) I digress. When I try to do both things at one time, I don't do either of them well. Either I have a great mitten or I can become fully engrossed in Sean Casey and why Josh Wurman is no longer a member of the Storm Chasers team. Last night, I ended up with a Frankenfinger shaped mitten and having absolutely no idea who the new serious looking guy with glasses was. The only thing I knew for certain is that Sean Casey hasn't got a chance in hell of catching a tornado on film with his new meteorology yes men(his word, not mine!).


Thank God I have a DVR and a second chance. It would seem I am not destined to be among the great multitaskers.

1 comment:

  1. Urm, yeah, I learned the hard way to NEVER attempt the Kitchener stitch while watching HP movies. I can knit some things while watching TV, but they have to be mindless in-the-round items, and the program can't be too detail oriented (which automatically excludes stuff like CSI, Bones, etc.), or I screw up bigtime.

    ReplyDelete